Discovery of Bullaun Stone in Timoney near Roscrea

 


Always nice to help record a previously unrecorded monument. This bullaun stone in Timoney townland not far from Roscrea hadn't been recorded in the Sites & Monuments Record before. It is located about 40m from a nearby church and graveyard. It has at least bowls carved into an earthfast rock.

I think this is the 4th bullaun stone I have been involved with adding to the records in Tipperary.

I'm sure lots of people have passed this and just assumed that it was known about but as I always say if anyone has any doubts that something might be recorded drop me a PM and I will try help. Either that or contact the National Monuments Service directly.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Origins of the surname Ryan

Hag Stones, are they an example of authentic Irish folklore or a neo-pagan import?

A Bronze Age Wooden Idol in the Bog of Cullen, County Tipperary