Tuesday 10 July 2018

Magh Adhair, Dalcassian Inauguration Site



It was an inauguration site of the Dalcassians and it is likely to be where Brian Boru himself assumed his leadership in 976 upon his brothers death. It is located near Tulla in Co. Clare. Voices from teh Dawn has some brilliant information on it here. 
It must be 15 years or so since I last visited and I'm well overdue a revisit. There is a bullaun stone located near the mound and a standing stone on the other side of a river that runs near it. 
I had this picture on an external hard-drive that broke down on me. Thankfully I was able to have all the photos recovered, so The Tipperary Antiquarian's archive remains intact. (Including all the early out of focus ones from the early 2000s like this one!)

2 comments:

  1. Interesting info, also the recovery of your crashed external hard drive. Have two crashed ext drives myself with large amounts of material. Suggestion on where to send them would be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sean, sorry for the delay in replying. Its not cheap unfortunately and there can be a fee just to look at the drive. I went through a local IT company and they sent it to a company in Limerick.

    ReplyDelete