Saturday 9 October 2021

Holy Wells of Tipperary Map and list of recorded Holy Wells

 

A few people have been asking me, how do I know if my local holy well is recorded or not? 

Well firstly I guess it doesn't matter as we would like to hear about the folklore and practices at the well even if it is a very well known holy well. 

We do hope that some previously unrecorded holy wells are discovered and are added to the records and to aid in this I have created two resources below. 

The first one is a list of all the recorded holy wells in the County and their recorded names on the older Ordnance Survey maps. 

For this see here.


I've also created a webmap showing each holy well in the County in its location. This is only a very roughly put together map and I hope to have something better and more user friendly in the next few weeks. 

For this map click here. (Double click on the red dots to get the townland name of the well). 


Then after that if you have located your local holy well and wish to add some information about it. 

The survey form is here

Thanks to everyone for reading. 

No comments:

Post a Comment